Information on the module guide itself and the associated resources and known issues are available here.
The Cellular Framework module is a high-level application layer interface for the cellular modem integration on the SSP Application Framework and provides sets of APIs to provision, configure and to communicate with the cellular network for data communication. Cellular Framework uses the SSP Application Framework (console framework) to communicate with the Cellular modems with serial interface by using AT commands internally. SSP Application framework also creates the serial data pipe over serial interface for the data communication, leveraging the PPP WAN protocol provided by NetX™. Any TCP/IP communication can be established over this Wide Area Network (WAN) link using the sockets, NetX Application protocols, and IoT protocols such as MQTT or COAP.
The Cellular Framework also provides the framework level Socket APIs to communicate with the TCP/IP stack present on-chip (inside cellular hardware module) in certain cellular hardware modules and there by communicating with the internet network, using the socket APIs.
The Synergy Cellular Framework consists of the following logical blocks:
- Synergy Cellular Framework Application Interface.
- Network Stack Abstraction Layer (NSAL) for NetX TCP/IP stack
- Cellular Device Driver
- BSD Socket compatible APIs for interfacing with Cellular hardware module that supports on-chip networking stack
- Synergy Software Package(SSP) HAL Interface
The Synergy Cellular Framework module guide is targeted for SSP 1.2.0 and above and the SK-S7G2 Kit.
The most recent versions of the Synergy Cellular Framework module guide application note, application project and import guide are available here.
Module Guide Resources
- Content provided as it becomes available.
- Refer to the SSP release notes for known issues, available here.