Information on the module guide itself and the associated resources and known issues are available here.
The Audio Playback I2S Framework module provides high-level APIs for Audio Playback applications and handles the synchronization needed to play 16-bit pulse-code modulation (PCM) samples. The Audio Playback Framework uses the I2S, Timer (AGT or GPT) and Data Transfer (DMA or DTC) peripherals on a Synergy MCU. A user-defined callback can be created to respond to the need for additional data.
The Audio Playback Hardware DAC Framework module supports the following features:
- Plays long buffers by splitting the data into manageable chunks.
- Repeats playback until a ThreadX timeout (for repeated audio like sine wave tones or looped background music).
- Requests next data using callback after last buffer playback begins.
- Software volume control.
- Pauses and resumes functions.
- Scaling to move signed 16-bit PCM data into range of the unsigned 12-bit DAC.
- Basic mixing for multiple streams.
The Audio Playback Hardware I2S framework module guide is targeted for SSP 1.2.0 and above and the SK-S7G2 Kit.
There is currently no Module Guide for this module.
Module Guide Resources
The following application projects are available from the Renesas web site at the referenced url.
- Renesas Synergy™ Project DK-S124 Simple Record/Playback here.
- Messaging Framework Module Guide - Application Project here.
The SF Audio Playback Framework module is used in the Developer Examples available for the DK-S7G2. You can find a Knowledge Base article that describes the Developer Examples and how to use them here.
- Refer to the most current SSP release notes for any known issues.