Information on the module guide itself and the associated resources and known issues are available here.
The WDT (Watchdog Timer) HAL module is a high-level API for WDT applications and is implemented on r_wdt. The WDT HAL module uses the WDT peripheral on the Synergy MCU. The user can configure the timeout period, start/stop methods, the window period the and generation of an event on WDT underflow or on refresh outside permitted window.
The WDT HAL module supports the following features:
- When the WDT underflows or is refreshed outside of the permitted refresh window, one of the following events can occur:
- Resetting of the device
- Generation of an NMI
- Supports the Watchdog Timer (WDT) peripheral, which uses a peripheral clock (PCLKB for SK-S7G2).
- The clock division ratio and cycles can be configured to produce desired timeout of WDT.
- The WDT can be configured in register start mode through the WDT registers or auto start mode.
- WDT can be configured to continue to run in SLEEP mode.
The WDT HAL module guide is targeted for SSP 1.2.0 and the SK-S7G2 Kit.
The most recent versions of the WDT HAL module guide application note, application project and import guide are available here.
Module Guide Resources
The following application projects are available from the Renesas web site at the referenced url.
- Thread Monitor Framework Module Guide - Application Project here.
The WDT HAL module is used in the Monitoring Developer Examples available for the SK-S7G2. You can find a Knowledge Base article that describes the Developer Examples and how to use them here.
- Refer to the SSP release notes for known issues, available here.