Information on the module guide itself and the associated resources and known issues are available here.
The GPT HAL module is a high-level API for timing applications and is implemented on r_gpt. The GPT HAL module supports the General Purpose Timer (GPT) peripheral on Synergy MCUs. The GPT HAL module configures a timer to a user-specified period. When the period elapses, any of the following events can occur:
- CPU interrupt, which calls a user callback function if provided
- Toggle on a port pin
- Data transfer using DMAC/DTC if configured with Transfer Interface
- Another peripheral starts if configured with events and peripheral definitions
General PWM Timer (GPT) Features
- Multiple Channels
- S7G2: 32-bit x 14 channels
- S3A7: 32-bit x 10 channels
- S124: 32-bit x 1 channel and 16-bit x 6 channels
- PCLKD as core clock
- Two I/O pins per channel
- Up/down-counting saw/triangle waves
- Two output compare and input capture registers
- Can be configured as a response to 8 Event Link Controllers (ELCs) and as an event in ELC
The GPT HAL module guide is targeted for SSP 1.2.0 and above and the SK-S7G2 Kit.
The most recent versions of the GPT HAL module guide application note, application project and import guide are available here.
Module Guide Resources
The following application projects are available from the Renesas web site at the referenced url.
- HMI Brushless DC (BLDC) Motor Controller - Application Project here.
- Getting Started with the Audio Player Application using SSP - Application Project here.
- Getting Started with the Weather Panel Application - Application Project here.
- PE-HMI1 GUIX "Hello World" - Application Project here.
- The GPT HAL module is used in the Developer Examples available on the Synergy Gallery here. Simply download the zip file and import the GPT example into your ISDE. See the Knowledge Base article here for more information.
- Refer to the SSP release notes for known issues, available here.