Information on the module guide itself and the associated resources and known issues are available here.
The Post Office Protocol Version 3 (POP3) is a protocol designed to provide a mail transport system for small workstations to access Client maildrops on POP3 Servers for retrieving Client mail. POP3 utilizes Transmission Control Protocol (TCP) services to perform mail transfer. Because of this, POP3 is a highly reliable content transfer protocol. However, POP3 is does not provide extensive operations on mail handling. Typically, mail is downloaded by the Client and then deleted from the Server’s maildrop.
The module supports the following features:
- NetX Client POP3 is compliant with RFC 1939.
- High-level APIs for
- Creating a client instance
- Deleting a client instance
- Managing mail items
The module guide is targeted for SSP 1.2.0 and above and the SK-S7G2 Kit.
The currently is no module guide for this module.
Module Guide Resources
The Express Logic User Manual for the NetX and NetX Duo POP3 Client is available from the X-Ware Component Documents for Renesas Synergy zip file located at the bottom of the web page here.
Many NetX and NetX Duo related application projects are available from the Renesas web site. A few examples are listed below.
- NetX™ Duo DHCP Client Module Guide- Application Project here.
- NetX™ Duo FTP Server Module Guide- Application Project here.
- NetX™ Duo NAT Module Guide- Application Project here.
- NetX™ and NetX™ Duo Auto IP Module Guide- Application Project here.
To find ALL available NetX related module guides, simply search for "NetX Module Guide Synergy" on the Renesas web site search bar, and specify Application Notes in the document type Search Results filter, like this.
You can similarly search for Net Duo related module guides, like this.
- Refer to the SSP release notes for known issues, available here.