Information on the module guide itself and the associated resources and known issues are available here.
The Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) is a useful protocol to obtain IP addresses and network parameters. DHCP extends the basic functionality of BOOTP from a static address configuration to a dynamic IP address allocation by “leasing” an IP address to a client for a specified period of time. The DHCP can also be configured to allocate IP addresses in a static manner like BOOTP. An application’s IP address is one of the supplied parameters for the NetX Duo™ component; supplying an IP address poses no problem when the IP address is known to the application, either statically or through user-configuration. When the application doesn’t know or care what its IP address is the NetX Duo is initialized with a zero IP address; a DHCP client component added to NetX Duo can then dynamically obtain an IP address.
Note: The NetX™ DHCP Client is almost identical to the NetX Duo DHCP Client. NetX DHCP Client applications should build and run without any changes in a NetX Duo environment.
The module supports the following features:
- The NetX Duo DHCP IPv4 Client module is compliant with RFC2132, RFC2131, and related RFCs.
- Support for IPv4
- Provides high-level APIs to:
- Create and delete a DHCP Client instance
- Start, stop, and reinitialize the DHCP Client (to restart the DHCP Client protocol)
- Request a specific IP address from the server
- Specify the network interface to run the DHCP Client on
- Supply an application-created packet pool to the DHCP Client
The module guide is targeted for SSP 1.2.0 and above and the SK-S7G2 Kit.
The most recent versions of the module guide application note, application project and import guide are available here.
Module Guide Resources
The Express Logic User Manual for the DHCP Client is available from the X-Ware Component Documents for Renesas Synergy zip file located at the bottom of the web page here.
Many NetX and NetX Duo related application projects are available from the Renesas web site. A few examples are listed below.
- NetX™ Duo DHCP Client Module Guide- Application Project here.
- NetX™ Duo FTP Server Module Guide- Application Project here.
- NetX™ Duo NAT Module Guide- Application Project here.
- NetX™ and NetX™ Duo Auto IP Module Guide- Application Project here.
To find ALL available NetX related module guides, simply search for "NetX Module Guide Synergy" on the Renesas web site search bar, and specify Application Notes in the document type Search Results filter, like this.
You can similarly search for Net Duo related module guides, like this.
- Refer to the SSP release notes for known issues, available here.