Information on the module guide itself and the associated resources and known issues are available here.
The BSD Socket API Compliancy Wrapper (NetX™ BSD) supports a subset of the basic BSD Socket API calls (with some limitations) using NetX™ services.
Note: The NetX Duo BSD is almost identical to NetX BSD in for BSD application development. When the NetX BSD is referenced in this document, the same applies to the NetX Duo BSD unless otherwise noted.
The module supports the following features:
- The NetX BSD Support module is compliant with BSD 4.3.
- Provides high-level APIs to:
- Create and delete sockets
- Set socket options
- Request TCP connections and listen for connection requests
- Send and receive packets
- Raw packet support**
- PPP over Ethernet support**
** NetX Duo BSD only
The module guide is targeted for SSP 1.2.0 and above and the SK-S7G2 Kit.
The most recent versions of the module guide application note, application project and import guide are available here.
Module Guide Resources
The Express Logic User Manual for NetX BSP Support is available from the X-Ware Component Documents for Renesas Synergy zip file located at the bottom of the web page here.
Many NetX and NetX Duo related application projects are available from the Renesas web site. A few examples are listed below.
- NetX™ Duo DHCP Client Module Guide- Application Project here.
- NetX™ Duo FTP Server Module Guide- Application Project here.
- NetX™ Duo NAT Module Guide- Application Project here.
- NetX™ and NetX™ Duo Auto IP Module Guide- Application Project here.
To find ALL available NetX related module guides, simply search for "NetX Module Guide Synergy" on the Renesas web site search bar, and specify Application Notes in the document type Search Results filter, like this.
You can similarly search for Net Duo related module guides, like this.
- Refer to the SSP release notes for known issues, available here.